I am honoured to be a part of my oldest friends new project, not only because I live with her and see her every day, but for the last 26 years of my life I have looked up to her and admired her strength, drive, itchy feet and compassionate heart.
This year is all about breaking out of those moulds I've confined myself to. I've never comfortable talking about "me" or what I do, I don't think many photographers are, but if there is anyone who could encourage me to do this -- it is Dan.
"Despite the many trails and personal battles life has thrown at her, including losing her beautiful mum, Meli's spirit for life, nature and the beauty of this planet is infectious and drives her ability to produce magic in her photos and ripple effects in the world far beyond the lens.
We sit down to unpack her journey from being a self- conscious, self taught amateur to one of Australia's most well known travel photographers and get real about:
- what ( & how long ) it can take to build your dream job + business
- how she deals with perfectionism
- behind the scenes of an organic 140k instagram following
- coping with depression and anxiety
- how her creativity taught her to let go + trust
- why we all need to slow down
- the life lesson she learned while creating this photo”
A vulnerable piece of my heart and story. I hope you enjoy, please let me know your thoughts.